D PICKERSGILL asked on January 13, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
Win32k.sys Blue Screen Error And System Reboots
» I have problems with windows7 64 bit i get win32k.sys error and the the system chrash, i have intel duo core 2,66 mhz 2 gm ram, ati hd 5770 video card, here is Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. could you help me?
Win32k.sys file can become a big problem if it is damaged or corrupted, because of 1) improper software uninstall or install; 2) incompatible file versions; 3) Windows not updated with the last version; 4) improper deletion of this program; 5) a PC infection (by Trojan:Win32/Acbot.A and so on); 6) invalid Windows registry files; 7) corrupted Windows registry entries, resulting in Win32k.sys file not found, system crashing or blue screen of death (BSOD).
As for the last 4 reasons,DLL Suite can be used well enough. It is especially useful for the daily PC Users: a totally automated free repair tool supports for free download and fix of any .dll file, .exe file or .sys file. DLL Suite is an advanced DLL files fixer designed to fix all the daily computer problems related to DLL files, EXE files and SYS files. DLL Suite allows you to download Win32k.sys file and any other .sys files.
Download DLL Suite, install and run > Click Dashboard menu and > Click Scan DLL Errors button > Click Fix DLL Errors button after the scan. DLL Suite can be used to fix any problem of sys files, which is one of three kinds of dll file.
KENNITH JOHNSON replied on January 20, 2013
- SHANE MEREDITH replied on January 13, 2013: » Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA -This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
Bug check 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).
Another common cause is the installation of a faulty system service.
Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.Please check your RAM for errors. Download memtest86+  and run it for several hours
- D PICKERSGILL replied on January 14, 2013: » i have checked ram for several hours and everything is ok. I also checked hdd for errors with chkdsk and no errors too, maybe is something wrong with bios, but my xp 32 bit working fine.
- STREKALEV SERGEY replied on January 15, 2013: » You appear to be running the latest BIOS version so it may help, at this point, if you could turn on the Driver Verifier to try to identify a problematic third party driver:
Start > type verifier in the Search programs and files box and press "Enter" > Create standard settings > Next > Select driver names from a list > then select all non-Microsoft drivers > Finish
Restart the computer. Continue to use the computer normally but if you experience any BSODs make available the minidump files.
If after enabling the Driver Verifier and restarting the computer you receive a BSOD on startup and cannot start Windows, restart the computer in "Safe Mode" and do the following: Start > type verifier in the Search programs and files box and press "Enter" > Delete existing settings > Finish
Restart the computer, log into Normal Mode, and make available any resulting minidump file.
- D PICKERSGILL replied on January 15, 2013: » i have tried this method, it was good for some time but now my computer again restarts with same error, here is link to my minidump files
- NORA HARTWELL replied on January 18, 2013: » The errors are consistently a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA stop error referencing the win32k.sys.
Since the errors have occurred since enabling the Driver Verifier you could try the following hotfix:
Also, when did this problem start or have you always had this problem?
DLL Q & A you might like:
- Blue Screen In Dxgmms1.sys »
- Moving Pagefile.sys To Another Partition Affects System Performance »
- How To Remove Atapi.sys Infection »
- Vista Hangs At Crcdisk.sys »
- Windows Vista Blue Screen 0x0000116 Nvlddmkm.sys »
- Reboot Failure By Deleted Svchost.exe File »