D3dx9_28.dll load error
FREMAN MURPHY asked on March 7, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
Unable to Load D3dx9_28.dll
» Loaded my first PC game disc: Pacific Storm. Got Error message 'missing d3dx9_28.dll'. Looked around and most info is for important dlls. Went to site, found specific dll. and have no idea as to where and how to put it.
The d3dx9_28.dll file is one of many files contained in the DirectX software collection. Since DirectX is utilized by most Windows based games and advanced graphics programs, d3dx9_28.dll errors usually show up only when using these programs.
The d3dx9_28.dll error message could apply to any program that utilizes Microsoft DirectX, most commonly video games.Some common games and other applications that have been known to generate d3dx9_28.dll errors include Singles 2: Triple Trouble, Futuremark's 3DMark06, Digital Leisure eJay Techno 5, Pacific Storm, Puzzle Quest, Breakpoint: Rumble In The Jungle, and more.
Any of Microsoft's operating systems since Windows 98 may be affected by d3dx9_28.dll and other DirectX issues caused by viruses/Trojan(Trojan:Win32/Urausy.D) or malware. This includes Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 2000.
DLL Suite can fix any games related dll error on the operating systems mentioned above. It is able to replace the corrupted or missing dll file with easy steps to get registered. And it also allows free download any dll file of the operating system you need.
STEVEN HYNDMAN replied on March 13, 2013
- JEANIE SISTRUNK replied on March 7, 2013: » you need to reinstall your direct-x this will replace the .dll that is missing from your system.
go here, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3 and run the direct-x web-installer
It will reinstall your direct-x files.
- THOMAS TARPY replied on March 7, 2013: » Very unwise to download and attempt to install a file from a dubious source. A missing dll usually means a program failed to install correctly, or its not compatible with your version of Windows.
- EVELYN OSBORNE replied on March 9, 2013: » d3dx9_28.dll is part of direct-x , the file could have been deleted accidently for some unknown reason.
to fix your error reinstall direct x from
and run the direct-x webinstaller. This will fix your issue.
- JEVAN KLEIN replied on March 10, 2013: » System Restore - System Restore and go back to before you first tried to update DX and try updating again. Or you can do a System Repair to fix any corrupted files DX may have experienced - You will not lose any files or setting if you follow this tutorial - Repair Install However I would recommend backing up your files before doing a repair install just in case.
- ERIK SOLER replied on March 12, 2013: » This error usually occured when you are trying to run a DirectX based game on a newly formatted Windows system. To resolve this, try reinstalling the DirectX End-User Runtimes. The DirectX End-User Runtimes will install any missing DirectX files that needed to run you game.
DLL Q & A You Might Like:
- DLL Loading Error: Relap5l.dll »
- How To Repair Corrupted .dll Files With SFC/Scannow »
- How To Copy IOPORT.SYS DRIVER »
- Ieframe.dll And Urlmon.dll To Be Fixed »
- Notification.Dll File Registration Problem »
- BCCode 1000007e Blue Screen Of Death »
- Windows Shell Common DLL Failure »