LXCFtime.dll Startup Error
EDUVIQUES MORALES asked on December 27, 2012. Status: Answered & Closed.
LXCFtime.dll Error Message on Startup
» On a laptop running Vista Basic it boots and runs fine but when its loaded to the desktop in a small window error message comes up: c:windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\LXCFtime.dll missing entry; RunDLLEntry. Can someone help with this annoying problem?
LXCFtime.dll is a Lexmark printer driver file.
When our operating system was installed, many DLL files have also been transferred to our system. An executable programs (exe) usually calls a DLL program to perform a particular function. The function can even include a particular task for any hardware device of your computer.
One of the most common examples of the function of DLL files is to check the space in your system. Whenever, an exe file is initiated, it can call a DLL file to check whether the necessary space is available in your hard drive. It will also check if any similar code already exists in the system and then helps the exe file to only write the source code which is necessary in the system. A DLL error usually happens because there might be some DLL files which are missing or they are not placed in the proper directory.
You might be able to fix this problem by downloading the DLL file and placing it in the correct directory. But what's point since every time you have some DLL files corrupted or missing, you have to search for it, follow the instructions and place it in the correct directory. Why don't you take an easier and permanent solution for this problem?
According to experts, the best way to get rid of all DLL problems is by using a good dll error fixer which has all the library of DLL files. DLL Suite is this kind of thing!
Download DLL Suite, install and run > Click Dashboard menu and > Click Scan DLL Errors button > Click Fix DLL Errors button after the scan. And all the problems directly associated with LXCFtime.dll file are fixed, because of the built-in feature of Fix Dll Errors in the Dashboard menu.
THOMAS DANIEL replied on January 4, 2013
- CLAUDIA WEEMES replied on January 1, 2013: » For those of you who come across this result when Googling this error code, I have found the solution after several reinstalls of the Lexmark printer software. The problem is with this software's behavior at START UP, which should be the clue to find exactly where it is being started up.
I keep the start-up control panel in Windows Defender>Options>Software Explorer edited very tightly, only allowing the Microsoft entries and my AVG shield. However I found this very DLL in the Microsoft list, removed it, yet the problem persisted because it was still set to Automatic in Services.
To edit Services right click on Computer, left click Manage and select Services. Find the Lexmark service in the list, double click and set it to Manual, then Stop service. This tells the computer to only start up the Lexmark software when you need to print, which is exactly as it should be since otherwise it is a freeloader on your system resources and start-up time.
- ALBERT SMIRES replied on January 2, 2013: » I had the same error with Lexmark z735 printer in Vista - Lexmark website Tech support suggested accessing system startup items through run->msconfig->startup tab, then deselect LXCFCATS item. It seems to have worked for me
- STEPHEN SCHLECHT replied on January 2, 2013: » So annoying a message like this! Has your computer been protected against virus or malware infections? Occasionally, this vicious threats can lead to computer issues easily, such as VirTool:WinNT/Rootkitdrv. What's more, computer registry is needed to be scan and cleaned up regularly. As registry is considered as a core component of Windows-based Operating System, which is used to contain the necessary settings for computer performance. Thus, to fix LXCFtime.dll error and return a normal computer, you can take action to run a fix tool in registry.
- EDUVIQUES MORALES replied on January 4, 2013: » This was the best advice in dealing with this issue!! Thanks for helping me get rid of that error message, and for also helping me get my startup to be alot faster, using Unioptimizer. THANKS!!!
DLL Q & A you might like:
- Windows 7 Blue Screen Halmacpi.dll and Ntkrnlpa.exe »
- Halo 2 & Mfplat.dll File Missing Error »
- Hilot/ipacokuvo.dll Leading to Pop-up Web Page »