KURTIS STOKES asked on January 21, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
How To Get The Latest Version Of GenuineCheck.exe?
» From the following WEB page http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/exe-validation.aspx?id=29156 I downloaded GenuineCheck.exe as required. However on executing the program I got the following error message "This version of the Windows Genuine Advantage tool is no longer supported. Please download the newest version and ensure that your system clock is accurate" Downloaded a copy from Microsoft but the tool requires Windows XP to load. Is there a Windows 7 version?
This is really a tough related to Microsoft; but a virus infection of exe file can be as tough as it.
.exe error can be fixed either by re-installing the associated program and then reboot your computer. You can also simply copy the same .exe file from another same operating system and replace the missing/broken file. However, due to the complexity of .exe error, the .exe related Dll files may have been invalid/broken or even infected by malware or virus and by virus(VirTool:Win32/CeeInject) removal. Here is a complete to fix the problem. Please follow the instructions to fix journal.exe error and remove the infections with the tools provided below:
Download DLL Suite, install and run > Click Dashboard menu and > Click Scan DLL Errors button > Click Fix DLL Errors button after the scan
In DLL Suite's Dashboard menu there is a built-in feature of Fix EXE Virus, which aims to remove all .exe file related problem automatically.
GUSTAVO BUENTELLO replied on January 26, 2013
- HAROLD FREEDMAN replied on January 21, 2013: » Running Windows 7 64-bit service pack 1.
Using Firefox 14.0.1, downloaded "GenuineCheck.exe". Attempted to run and got same "... no longer supported ..." pop-up.
Using IE8, downloaded "GenuineCheck.exe". Attempted to run and got same "... no longer supported ..." pop-up.
Unable to download "Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2647753)" because "VALIDATION REQUIRED".
- MICHAEL WILTSHIRE replied on January 21, 2013: » I have tried IE9 which asks to install the activeX, I tell it to install, and then nothing happens. I have tried using the Alternate option in IE9 which gives me the validation check download and the subsequent failure for running on Windows7.
I concluded that the installation of the ActiveX is failing since re-visiting the same page prompts again for the re-install of the ActiveX. I figured since one was only for Windows XP, the ActiveX may be as well.
There are too many people experiencing the same thing in a small amount of time for this to be a coincidence. Many of us are veterans with over two decades of professional computer experience. We are writing here not because we forgot to turn our monitor on, but because something is wrong with your site.
- DEBORAH WAFER replied on January 22, 2013: » People should now forget about using the Genuinecheck.exe file as it has stopped working. I've downloaded it and ran it several times on my Windows XP SP3 Home Edition computer and it fails with the error message that the Windows Genuine Advantage validation tool is no longer supported. Until Microsoft releases a newer version of Genuinecheck.exe (newer than v18.104.22.168 or v1.9.0042.0), users should now AVOID using it. Ver. 22.214.171.124 of Genuinecheck.exe was released in mid-2009 and seemed to have expired lately.
For those who are using IE and having problems validating after using MGADiag, check the \Windows\System32\ folder and see if the LegitCheckControl.DLL file is there (latest version of this DLL file is 126.96.36.199). This is needed to validate Windows in IE before obtaining non-security downloads from the MS Download center. At least I can obtain downloads thru IE8 on my XP machine and validate Windows with that DLL file installed.
- EDWIN HERMAN replied on January 23, 2013: » I´m with this same problem. But my windows is genuine as www.microsoft.com/genuine/validade says. But I need to install Winhlp32.exe to read some old help files but when I try to download It require that I run the GenuineCheck.exe program that suppose to give-me a key. But this program refuse to run on my windows 7 windows, so where can I get this key ????
- LOYE CARLYLE replied on January 24, 2013: » I have the same issue on Windows 7 SP1. The GenuineCheck.exe used to work but now doesn't. Just get the expired message. Have tried the steps in the past 6 pages and none of them work. Sure MGADiag works but until they release a new version of GenuineCheck.exe I have an issue
DLL Q & A You Might Like:
- CARDFILE.EXE Running Under Windows 7/XP Compatibility »
- SecurView.exe Gets Access Denied Error APPCRASH »
- Svchost.exe Using 99% Cpu »
- Windows Media Center Broken And EhRec.exe Taking 50% Of CPU »
- Wmiprvse.exe Using Excessive CPU »
- Wuauclt.exe Memory And CPU Usage »