ToolbarUpdaterService.exe high CPU
BENJAMIN TOWNSEND asked on January 23, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
Why ToolbarUpdaterService.exe Tying Up 25% of CPU
» The program ToolbarUpdaterService.exe is using 25% of my CPU. It cycles on and off. How do I stop this usage?
Malware programs(Worm:Win32/Fakegup.A) upon entering a system unleash innumerable processes that may consume huge amounts of CPU resources and slow down your computer. Also, malware may infect your otherwise good files and cause them to report high CPU usage. Run a malware scan on your computer to ensure your PC is not infected. If threats are reported in the scan, immediately delete them to resolve high CPU usage issues.
The effect of removing a virus can be as dramatic as the aftermath of a disaster. After eradicating a virus or other form of virus infection, Windows is left in a somewhat broken state.
The safest approach, by far, is to reinstall Windows. But given how painful that is, the alternatives that follow it are often more practical. This time, I would like to recommend DLL Suite to you. DLL Suite has one tool called "Fix EXE Virus", specially targeted to fix virus infection problem and thus fix slow PC performance.
Download DLL Suite, install and run > Click Dashboard menu and > Click Scan DLL Errors button > Click Fix DLL Errors button after the scan. And all the problems are fixed as you wish!
IAN GREGORY replied on January 29, 2013
- VERNEESE MCCLENDON replied on January 23, 2013: » The way i solved this problem was by going to the program and features in control panel and looking under the (S) names for "startup tool" and uninstalling it when i did it my CPU usage drastically reduced back down to an idling 8-10% with Internet Explorer runing while posting this. Hope this helps more people with there problem.
- ANDREW THORNBRO replied on January 23, 2013: » I've read threw all of the posts and now understand almost everything. There is one part about uninstalling the program that I'm not sure of. I searched and found the program file. It's in C:\Program Files->StartNow Toolbar. Inside the folder there are a few files:
Resources - folder filled mostly with images and logos;
Should I use the StartNowToolbarUninstall.exe in that file to uninstall the program or should I just go straight to Add/Remove Programs and do it from there? I want to be sure and completely uninstall and remove the program from my computer and I don't want to leave any of the files in my computer. I have used an uninstall part of a program before and it did uninstall it, but it also left some information in my computer about the program. I just have a feeling that if the program is not completely removed, then the next time I connect to the internet, it will find that the program is missing and reinstall it without me knowing.
- ANTONIO VEGA replied on January 23, 2013: » Its easy! Just run a search then open containing folder which is in program files uninstall the program and presto! Problem solved, I think to many people depend on these antivirus programs to do the work for them instead of taking a few seconds to fix it themselves. In most cases it is easier and faster, this problem is a good example of that.
- MELINDA GRASSO replied on January 26, 2013: » I went through Add Remove Programs and successfully and completely uninstalled it. I noticed that it was installed the same date as HP's Printer Supply utility was installed, interestingly enough the same day I installed my new printer.
- BRITT WOODS replied on January 29, 2013: » To be a little more specific - Go to Control Panel - open "add or remove programs" - scroll down until you get to "Start Now" which has the ">" symbol. Click remove and follow the uninstall wizard. Worked great for me.
DLL Q & A You Might Like:
- BChelper.exe System Restore Error »
- Ehrecvr.exe Appears To Be Using 50% of CPU »
- Twaingui.exe Not Responding »
- Services.exe Excessive High Cpu »
- Windows Media Center Mcupdate.exe Exception »
- Ntkrnlpa.exe Causing My Laptop Crash »
- Wmiprvse.exe CPU Usage Issues »
- How to have DLL Suite license and download full version for free? »