exe File Infected
W KALDANIS asked on January 6, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
Every Downloaded exe File Being Infected and Deleted
» No matter what exe file I try to download, my Win 7 pops up and says it has a virus and deletes the file. Gives me no options to go ahead and run it otherwise.
Your Windows may have been infected by viruses such as TrojanSpy:Win32/Banker.YT.
EXE files allow users to launch programs without needing additional software on the user's computer special software. The exe file is one of the most useful types of files precisely because it runs programs; however, it can be used as a delivery system for viruses or other malicious programs. Viruses often reside to .exe files, which are then re-named to resemble common software packages. They can be running in the background, infecting or compromising the computer. It is very important to scan an EXE file before opening it, and you should never open an EXE file if you don't know or trust its source.
DLL Suite allows our users to get rid of the exe virus infection annoyance once for all, just because it has a special feature of Fix EXE Virus.
Download DLL Suite, install and run > Click Dashboard menu and > Click Scan DLL Errors button > Click Fix DLL Errors button after the scan. And all the problems directly associated with .exe files are fixed, because of the built-in feature of Fix EXE Virus in the Dashboard menu.
JOCHEN RASP replied on January 13, 2013
- MICHAEL HOWARDN replied on January 6, 2013: » Win7 contains no anti virus program, unless you installed one. So what anti virus program are you using and what is the exact err msg. And where are you downloading exe files from?
- W KALDANIS replied on January 7, 2013: » I am using the free AVG 2012 and the free version of Zone alarm. In the download window that appears whenever u download any file is where when any exe file(lately)completes its download it suddenly says it contains a virus and deletes it with no option given. it does not throw up separate error message box. I had occasion to download exe firmware update file from my camera manufacturer and also from another trusted software firm.
- MICHAEL HOWARDN replied on January 8, 2013: » There have been a number of reports of problems with Zone Alarm, personally I would you suggest you unistalled it and allowed the default win7 firewall to be activated. As this err msg is triggered by AVG, then its an AVG setting and not a win7 setting. Uninstall both AVG & Zone Alarm, run Disk Cleanup and reboot
If any subsequent err msg then states " a virus is detected" or similar it means you have some other protection software on your PC. This err msg is not from Win7
- W KALDANIS replied on January 8, 2013: » Before I got this reply from you it also occurs when downloading other files such as a PDF. I tried downloading two of the same files again using Google Chrome and had no problem so the problem sure seems to be with Windows or IE9
- MICHAEL HOWARDN replied on January 9, 2013: » Niether win7 or IE will produce any such "Virus............" msg
The only app that will produce a msg stating "Virus.........." is your anti-virus app, or third party plugin thats integrated into IE.
DLL Q & A you might like:
- Programs Close-faulting Module NTDLL.DLL »
- SAL.xls.exe Virus and Resulting Damage »
- How to fix "DLL was not found" errors for Windows PCs »
- Why DLL Suite can effectively fix DLL errors »
- SVCHOST.exe Trouble: Using Up 25% of My CPU »
- Unable to Reinstall Missing Rundll32.exe or Open .exe Files »
- Windows Cannot Find C:\WINDOWS\System32\Rundll32.exe »
- Unable to Remove Infection Kvthost.exe »
- Windows 8 Evaluation WerFault exe Application Error »