KEITH SHOEMAKER asked on January 14, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
How To Download Print Spooler File Spoolsv.exe
» how do I download print spooler file 'spoolsv.exe' for Acer Aspire One with windows XP
EXE files allow users to launch programs without needing additional software on the user's computer special software. The exe file is one of the most useful types of files precisely because it runs programs; however, it can be used as a delivery system for viruses or other malicious programs. Viruses often reside to .exe files, which are then re-named to resemble common software packages. They can be running in the background, infecting or compromising the computer. A file whose name ends in ".exe" is really a program that when opened causes the operating system to run the program. It is very important to scan an EXE file before opening it, and you should never open an EXE file if you don't know or trust its source.
Malware bundles itself with legitimate software, or in Trojans, which will disguises itself as a normal exe file or program to trick users into downloading and installing it. Computers that are infected with malware/virus (Worm:Win32/Nuqel.BE) can exhibit any of the following symptoms: Increased CPU usage; Appearance of strange files, programs, or desktop icons; Slow computer or web browser speeds; Problems connecting to networks; Freezing or crashing; Modified or deleted files.
In case that an exe file is infected with virus or malware, the safest and quickest approach, without being bothered to reinstall Windows, is to use a professional repair tool. It is for this purpose that DLL Suite is released. DLL Suite allows our users to get rid of the exe virus infection annoyance once for all, just because it has a special feature of Fix EXE Virus. This feature can do away with exe virus infection related problems mentioned above; you simply do as follows:
Click Dashboard menu and > Click Scan DLL Errors button > Click Fix DLL Errors button after the scan. And all the problems directly associated with exe file are fixed, because of the built-in feature of Fix EXE Virus in the Dashboard menu.
K FRANCIS HEFFERNAN replied on January 21, 2013
- SCOTT SMETHERS replied on January 14, 2013: » There are backup copies of important XP files in this folder (assuming XP is installed on your C drive): c:\windows\system32\dllcache (this is where XP keeps copies of important files).
If your system just does not have the file, I can upload it to my SkyDrive and you can download it and put it in the proper folders, but the file should never be "missing" unless something else is wrong.
Before that, it might be better to understand what issue you are having with the Print Spooler so we can be sure to fix it properly with the least amount of back and forth messaging. As usual, the first reply to a new question in the MS Answer forums is a request for more information.
Please provide additional information about your system as best you can:What is your system make and model?What is your XP Version and Service Pack?Was the issue preceded by a power interruption, aborted restart, or improper shutdown? Does the afflicted system have a working CD/DVD drive (internal or external)?Do you have a genuine bootable XP installation CD (this is not the same as any Recovery CDs that came with your system)?What do you see that you don't think you should be seeing?What do you not see that you think you should be seeing?If the system used to work properly, what do you think might have changed since the last time it did work properly?
- KEITH SHOEMAKER replied on January 14, 2013: » I have a wireless printer that has worked fine in the past. I got a virus 'BOO/TDss.m' and finally fixed it with 'Uniblue RegistryBooster' After that the printer could not be "seen" by my compute. I think the message I was getting was 'printer not installed' but I could connect to the internet thru the router. The printer is connected to the router and can be used by another computer thru the wireless router.
I uninstalled the printer and tried to reinstall it but now it will not install. An error message comes up,'Issues Stopping Installation.Issue - Print SpoolerThis service is stopped and needs to be running for installation to continue.'I clicked on fix and it didn't help.I went into system and tried to start spoolsv.exe but it would not start.
System information: Acer Aspire One;System: MS windows XP home edition, Version 2002, SP 3;Antivirus/malware - Hit Malware
I have an external CD/DVD.Do not have a bootable XP installation CD. System was installed when purchased.Currently the virus is fixed and everything seems to be running except the printer.
- SCOTT SMETHERS replied on January 15, 2013: » Well, what is the message you see when you try to start the Printer Spooler Service, or does it really "it would not start"?
If you see this: Could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer.Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.
If you then look in the Event Viewer System log and see this: Event Type: Error;Event Source: Service Control Manager;Event Category: None;Event ID: 7000;Description: The Print Spooler service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.
An error 2 means 'file not found' (that would most likely be the spoolsv.exe file is missing). Take a look in your c:\windows\system32 folder and see if there is a file called: spoolsv.exe
If it is missing, do this: I uploaded a copy of the file you need to my SkyDrive (everybody has a SkyDrive for sharing files).
You can download it and when you do, put a copy of the file in these two folders (assuming Windows is installed on your C drive): c:\windows\system32;c:\windows\system32\dllcache (that is where XP keeps backup copies of important files).
Here is the link to my SkyDrive and you can look for the file you need there:http://cid-6a7e789cab1d6f39.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=6A7E789CAB1D6F39!311
When you see the files available for download, you may not see the file extension (.exe, .dll, .cpl, .sys, etc.), but when you download them they will have the correct extension. You need to put the downloaded files in the correct folders on your system. That may not solve all your issues, but you will at least be past that part and then we can fix the rest.
- KEITH SHOEMAKER replied on January 15, 2013: » I downloaded the 'spoolsv.exe' file from your SkyDrive and copied it to C:\windows\systen32 which replaced the existing file. I could not find a folder named C:\windows\system32\dllcache. I don't know if that's part of my problem. I than tried to install the printer software again but got the same error message as above.
I also tried to start the 'spoolsv.exe' file by entering on the command line 'net start spooler' without success. There was no error message, just a blank window box opened and closed.
DLL Q & A you might like:
- Av.exe Answer To Remove It »
- AUDIODG.EXE High Cpu Usage On NEW Computer »
- PresentationFontCache.exe Uses 50%+ of CPU »
- Justcheck_exe_When_Start_Computer »
- Msiexec.exe Running At All Times »
- Reboot Failure By Deleted Svchost.exe File »
- Windows7x64 Explorer.exe Keeps Crashing Randomly »
- Moving Pagefile.sys To Another Partition Affects System Performance »