SEAN KELLY asked on January 7, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
Corrupted Scanpst.exe File Needs to Be Downloaded
» I am running Windows XP pro and Office 2007. Today, I received a message that Outlook could not open and I needed to fix it by running to scanpst.exe. That file is broken. Now, how do I obtain a new copy to open Outlook?
Most of the time, registry problems are the main causes of Corrupted Scanpst.exe Error, for example the registry entries of Scanpst.exe got corrupted, or the related settings are changed by malwares (or viruses like TrojanDropper:AutoIt/VBinder.A). DLL Suite will work to solve this problem by its "Fix EXE Virus" feature, without causing any side effect!
EXE files allow users to launch programs without needing additional software on the user's computer special software. The exe file is one of the most useful types of files precisely because it runs programs; however, it can be used as a delivery system for viruses or other malicious programs. Viruses often reside to .exe files, which are then re-named to resemble common software packages. They can be running in the background, infecting or compromising the computer. It is very important to scan an EXE file before opening it, and you should never open an EXE file if you don't know or trust its source.
Download DLL Suite, install and run > Click Dashboard menu and > Click Scan DLL Errors button > Click Fix DLL Errors button after the scan. And all the problems directly associated with .exe files are fixed automatically.
MICHELLE SHIELDS replied on January 15, 2013
- RITA DOWNEY replied on January 7, 2013: » If both your Outlook and scanpst are broken, perhaps a repair would be the best avenue. From XP's Control Panel, select Add or Remove Programs and locate your Microsoft Office installation in the list of programs. Select it and click Change from the options just above the list of programs. Change the option on the first page to Repair. You may be asked for your installation disk if the Office installation was not preinstalled.
- SEAN KELLY replied on January 8, 2013: » Thank you, good suggestion, but I already tried it. I have the install disc. Do you think i could locate that file on it and copy it to my PC? Any idea where it would be located?
- DONOVAN BERUMEN replied on January 9, 2013: » you can recover scanpst.exe file. As you describe above you used Windows XP.Go to the Control Panel and select the Remove and change too.From here you can recover your deleted EXE file too.
Go for your Desire software or File and try to Repair on click of option on Repair.If Your EXE File is Not Crashed you can repair It.
If You can't recover file from control panel of OS simply choose any third party data recovery software to recover your Files.
- MICHAEL BARRIENTOS replied on January 11, 2013: » If all you want is the scanpst.exe file for Office 2007, I put one out on my SkyDrive and you can download it:http://cid-6a7e789cab1d6f39.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?resid=6A7E789CAB1D6F39!191
I am not sure what you mean by your file is broken...
DLL Q & A you might like:
- Atibtmon.exe Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error »
- Cmd.Exe Application Failed To Initialize (0xc0000142) »
- How To Fix BCHelper.exe Missing Sqlite3.dll »
- Get Win32.sys Blue Screen When Opening Google Chrome »
- Ifxupdate.exe Forces Cpu To Load 100% »
- Wuaudt.exe Is Really Bogging Down My Computer »
- Cannot Find Regsvr.exe At Windows Startup »