MARY MITCHELL asked on January 14, 2013. Status: Answered & Closed.
Av.exe Answer To Remove It
» simply move a fake av.exe file like a paint file to the path where its located and then save it so that it covers the real one thus erasing it. has this worked with anyone?
For this annoying problem, DLL Suite is recommended to fix the error resulting from any exe virus infection. It enables automatic scan and fix of errors, it supports free download of any required system file. DLL Suite will work to solve this kind of problem by its "Fix EXE Virus" feature, without causing any side effect..
You just simply download DLL Suite, install and run > Click Dashboard menu and > Click Scan DLL Errors button > Click Fix DLL Errors button after the scan. And all the problems associated (including virus like Trojan:Win32/BHO.BE) are fixed at the same time!
K MATCHETT replied on January 21, 2013
- PHILLIP BRAUNBERGER replied on January 14, 2013: » this virus has evolved since the post. I got the same exact one last night and its running scripts and background programs preventing my connection to the internet, it wont let me install anything on my computer and i can't even browse the internet with my infected computer. It is very well hidden. I can't install either of the programs listed above, even when transferred using a jump drive.
- GAVIN PEATT replied on January 14, 2013: » I had the same issue - av.exe corrupted my browsers, disabled my internet connection and couldn't install spybot. I had to log in Safe Mode with Networking to install Spybot. Spybot removed av.exe. Then I uninstalled/reinstalled the modem from Device manager->Network Adapters to get the connection back. You may have to keep the task manager open throughout the procedure and kill av.exe process if it comes up.
- ROSS WHITE replied on January 15, 2013: » Start in Safe Mode with Networking - repeatedly tap F8 as you boot up. Another thing you try is CTRLSHIFT ESC - Task Manager - Processes Tab - and end Process on the file AV.EXE or others you candetermine might be the rogue. If you make a mistake just reboot and then you can start over. Once these processes are ended if should be easier to remove them.
CTRL SHIFT ESC or Right Click Taskbar - Task Manager - Processes tab - End Process on AV.EXE
You can try renaming Hit Malware and the others as needed so they will run. Just right click on MBAM.exe and change it to ZZmbam.COM as an example - then double click on the file to run it.While the .exe might not run those with .COM probably will. Rename them back to their original names later.
- BENJAMIN TOWNSEND replied on January 15, 2013: » I had the AV.EXE and downloaded every program i could to find to get rid of it, edited with REGEDIT edited with MSCONFIG but could not get rid of it. After nearly 24 hours and pulling out most of my hair I came up with a solution on my own.....
I brought up the TASK MANAGER looked at the PROPERTIES of the AV.EXE file to find it location and of course it is hidden so you cant see it when you open it in EXPLORER even with SHOW HIDDEN set to YES...
Anyway here is what i did:1) Using TASK MANAGER Kill the Process AV.EXE2) Open NOTEBOOK type something in like "I HATE AV.EXE" then save it to your DESKTOP as "AV.EXE" with out the quotes of course3) Copy your new "AV.EXE" file to the location that was listed in the PROPERTIES = = mine was here C:\Users\Steven\AppData\Local4) It will ask you if you want to OVERWRITE the existing file "YES"5) Delete the new "AV.EXE" that will not be hidden6) After doing this None of your programs will start so you will need to search for and download "exefix_vista.reg"
TADA your healed and you did it yourself, no programs, no restoring your computer and losing your data and best of all YOU DID IT!
- MARK WALKER replied on January 17, 2013: » The answer to this is below.
Try to end the av.exe process in the task manager. But it tends to auto re-activate itself after a couple of minutes.First you must delete all instances of av.exe, ieav.exe, ie-av.exe, or its variants from your hard drive AND the registry.BUT since this virus disables all .exe links you will not be able to run the Windows File Manager, explorer.exe, or the registry editor, regedit.exe. You will also not be able to go online since internet explorer is also disabled with a broken .exe link.But you may be able to run them as an ADMINISTRATOR.
Type explorer.exe in the start search box after you clik the start icon in the taskbar the right click on explorer.exe and choose Run as Administrator. Try the same with regedit.exe.
DLL Q & A you might like:
- Every Downloaded exe File Being Infected and Deleted »
- How To Download Print Spooler File Spoolsv.exe »
- Justcheck_exe_When_Start_Computer »
- Msiexec.exe Running At All Times »
- SmarTeam.exe Error After Installing KB976576 On XP »
- Reboot Failure By Deleted Svchost.exe File »
- Windows7x64 Explorer.exe Keeps Crashing Randomly »
- Blue Screen In Dxgmms1.sys »
- How to have DLL Suite license and download full version for free? »